Friday, December 2, 2011

Weakness is the state or condition of lacking strength. This video explains how everything and everyone has a weakness. Even super heroes, such as Superman, have weaknesses. This clip shows how the rock Kryptonite, from his birth planet, makes Superman weak. When Superman is exposed to Kryptonite, he loses his powers and becomes weak. Kryptonite is also considered Superman's nemesis. Relating back to the Odyssey, Telemachus weakness would be not having a father.

What could we do to try and overcome our weaknesses?




3 comments:

  1. Well I think that if you just accept your weakness's you could just be better off. Such as if you were not very good at math and you try and study for hours upon hour but still fail that test that you had put your heart into, you will feel awful. And I hear people all the time say "It's better to have tried and failed then to have never tried at all" but I do not think that is right. Because I was told a few weeks back a sentence that I will not forget for the rest of high school and college and it was "Don't confuse effort with results." And that is how I think we should deal with our weakness's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe that the first step in overcoming your weakness is identifying what it is. Psychologist say that acceptance is the first step in the healing process. Once you find what your weakness is you need to face it. Take it on directly until you overcome it or become immune to it. I personally think that superman should have gotten Kryptonite and exposed himself to it until he became immune to it. I think that would have been a better approach instead of just hoping that none of his enemies would acquire some. I try to overcome my weaknesses the same way I do my fears. Plunge yourself into it so that you can experience the worst of it. That way every other time you are exposed to your weakness it will seem like nothing.

    ReplyDelete